Saturday, September 26, 2009

MINI PROFILE ON JULES OF BIJULES... A MODERN WORLD HUSTLA...

hello darlings... i've been real busy with all the fashion events and goings on lately... but all that will be in later post... now we are here for bijules the collection of jewelry created by jules kim the 5'11 beauty who is a modern world hustla... there are a few people i've met in my life who's seemingly effortless hustle has been awe inspiring... sean combs is one and jules kim is another... they are a few more but we aren't here for them today... so if you haven't heard of bijules yet... read a little further and now you have... enjoy and a special thanks to francois dischinger and dave mueller for providing the accompanying images...


WIINY: What is your name and where are you from?
JK: Jules Kim and I herald from Richmond Virginia!

WINNY: What do you do and how long have you done it for?
JK: I’m a jewelry designer for my own brand, Bijules. I've been at it for 5 years.


WIINY: What brought you to NY originally and how long have you been here?
JK: The chance at opportunity brought me here, I didn't know what the fuck I was doing but I knew I’d make something of myself. I've been in NY for 7 years now.


WIINY: In 5 words or less please describe your personal style?
JK: Banging, Haute Mélange of Dopeness.

WIINY: Who is your favorite designer of the moment and why?
JK: Balenciaga because it mixes styles and colors which are unlikely.

WIINY: What or who has been your greatest fashion influence?
JK: History cause I am constantly inspired to create my own by referencing the past


WIINY: What is your current favorite item in your wardrobe?
JK: Always my ever-changing Bijules bar ring... This season it is made of 3 golden bones!


WIINY: Where do you want to be in 5 years?
JK: Everywhere, widespread, global takeover is imminent…haha, I’d love to be traveling more frequently and making money on all foreign soil…


WIINY: What is the best fashion tip that you are willing to share?
JK: Fuck fashion, not humanity…


WIINY: What other projects are you currently working on?
JK: I’m the creative director for a new swimwear brand slated to launch soon and Bliss Lau and I have created a jewelry/accessories consulting firm, called One Full… Bijules is also launching a new lower price point brand called “BJ”: suck on it! Heehheheh…black, white and clear, lucite and pop color bar rings…the original bar ring…let’s be clear…

No comments: